Hot Cares was contacted by Minky’s employer, Jessica Green, who shared the extremely painful news of what had befallen Minky two weeks prior. Minkys house caught fire burning all her belongings, but more heart-wrenchingly, she lost her young disabled son, who was in the house at the time of the fire and sadly passed away as a result of the blaze. Jessica told Hot Cares, that Minky was a very kind lady, who also raises her deceased sisters’ little 6-year-old girl, who thankfully was not home at the time of the fire.

Whilst we could never begin to imagine the pain of losing a child, we could try and alleviate some of the financial burden facing Minky in rebuilding her home. With the assistance of our incredibly generous partners, Hot Cares together with Mattress King were able to give Minky two double beds, a fridge, microwave, and toaster courtesy of Morris Properties as well as kitchen cupboards courtesy of KTB cupboards.

Hot Cares also gave Minky a voucher for a building supplier to repair the damage to the roof and walls of her home in Alex. With the kitchen taken care of, Hot Cares was happy to hand over a Checkers voucher to replace the kitchen equipment and food that was destroyed by the fire.

Hot Cares – Making a meaningful difference in the lives of those around us.

Want to chat to us?

Call Now: 011 462 3750

HOT 91.9FM – Making a meaningful Difference to the lives of those around us

Latest From Facebook

[custom-facebook-feed]